Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Survied Maui!!!

In early June I was lucky enough to get the chance to go to Maui with two fabulous ladies. We had an amazing time even though only one of us returned maintaining full consciousness the entire time. (I did get more tan over the 5 days though I will always be in awe of Kristen's tanning ability)


Our plane ride was very nice and uneventful until Kristen stood up. Stef and I moved out of the way and sat down and were just chattin' it up when this girl that looked a lot like Kristen sat down in the row in front. We soon realized that Kristen has passed out and sat down on a little boy who was on his first flight. While we are worried about Kristen everyone else is freaking out about the kid on his first flight that got sat on...we all know he liked it. Kristen recovered well after Stef saved the day by yelling "Don't give her fruit...or alvacado!" This was the beginning of our Maui adventures.


Luckiest Boy in Maui


We made it to our beautiful hotel and spent a lot of time sitting by the pool and sipping (actually gulping) many MANY lava flows.


View from our lounge chairs


The adventurous girls we are decided to drive along the coast to get to a beautiful hiking destination. The drive started out wonderful...wonderful views, wonderful conversation, wonderful two lane road. As we continued our journey (after stopping at the best banana bread stand in the WORLD) our drive got a little less wonderful...still wonderful views, a little less conversation, and the freakin' scariest one lane super curvey switch back up and down a mountain road EVER. Stef, our fearless leader, got us to our hiking destination safely though I think we all wanted to kiss the ground when we made it out of the car.


Three girls happy to be alive

The hike was a blast. We had to cross two suspended bridge thingys. Super scary but we all made it across safely. We made it to the end and got to enjoy a beautiful waterfall.

Super scary bridge


Beautiful waterfall

On our next adventure we decided to go on a snorkeling boat (we had our flippie floppies as we traveled the big blue watery road). While I had never been on a snorkeling adventure before, both Stef and Kristen were experts.


I'm on a boat!
Flippie-floppies

We successfully made it to the first location. We saw black fish, white and black stripped with yellow fish, more black fish.... Below are some pictures we were able to take with Stef's new indestructible super awesome camera.


We all loaded back on the boat to head to our second destination...Turtle Land. About that time I started feeling not so good. I broke all rules by leaving my seat during the head count but luckily made it down the stairs before I fainted. All I remember is waking up from an amazing dream and my new friend Scott yelling at me to tell him where I was, what my name was, and to follow his finger. Stef and Kristen came to my rescue when they heard a thud and someone yell for a medic. Once again Stef saved the day demanding them to give me a bucket knowing I get sick after I faint. I was fine but needless to say I didn't go in the water for the turtle viewing. I made a lot of friends on our boat and they were all so very nice to me, though I couldn't wait to be back on land.

Back on land

The rest of the trip was spent on the beach, by the pool, eating fabulous food, and drinking more lava flows. We had an amazing time. I feel so lucky that I had the opportunity to spend time in paradise with these two fabulous friends.


**sorry about small pictures...don't know how to fix that**


2 Comments:

Blogger Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

Another wonderful post! You are so good at this blogging thing! Remind me next time I see you and I'll show you how to get bigger pictures. :)

July 9, 2009 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

And I feel so lucky to have gone with you! I had the best time and it was a FABULOUS trip! Also, I probably should have bought you an I survived Maui shirt.

July 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home