Monday, July 20, 2009

Mile High

Andrew and I took a trip to Denver this weekend. We both have friends and family that live in the Denver area so we decided to take a trip to see everyone.

My "Ant" Nance picked us up at the airport and took us to the mountains. It was so beautiful and cool!!! I got to see many of the places my dad and aunt vacationed to when they were young. We had pizza at an amazing pizza place in Idaho Springs and had the opportunity to walk around the small town.


"Ant" Nance


Idaho Springs

After spending time with my aunt we went to downtown Denver to stay with Andrew's cousin (okay actually third cousin but it seems as if Andrew is related somehow to everyone in Wisconsin). Amie lives on the 25th floor of a 42 floor high rise in the middle of downtown. We were able to walk all around the downtown area. The 16th Street Mall was one block from where Amie lives so we had everything we needed just one block away. There were tons of bars, eating places, and Starbucks on every corner (and two on some corners). We went out to some fun bars yet I realized how old I am when I couldn't keep up with Amie no matter how hard I tried.

Our friend Heather from Pharmacy School recently took a position just outside of Denver so we were able to spend some time with her. She is an amazing friend that we both miss so much.



Out with Heather

We couldn't go to Denver without taking a brewery tour. Conveniently enough we just 15 minutes from the Coors brewery. It was so cool to see how the beer was actually brewed. I was also amazed by the number of different brews/flavors they made.



At the end of the tour you were given three free beers and they weren't baby beers either. It was fun to be able to try different flavors that I wouldn't have tried otherwise.





Amie and Me



So when we got back to Phoenix we were standing at the baggage claim thing waiting and waiting for our bags to come. I know it can take awhile to get your bags but this was taking forever. All of a sudden I look up and here comes my shoe. I know how do you know it was your shoe...I just did. Then I saw my blow dryer come around...then I started to freak out. My bag was in this bin thing and had apparently exploded. I mean everything had flown out of my bag. I looked and saw that my bras were still there...just not where they began. After unpacking I realized I was missing a shoe and a couple of pairs of underwear. I hope to God the people just threw them away because honestly if my underwear were spinning around on the carousel thingy all day I might just die.

We had a wonderful time in Denver catching up with people that we love and experiencing a new city.




3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad you made it home safely, even without a few essentials. That story made my day and I laugh every time I think of your expression when your belongings were whirling around the carousel.
Mom

July 21, 2009 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

That cracks me up to think your undies could still be going around the baggage thing waiting for you to come get them. Oh man! Glad you made it home!

July 21, 2009 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

LOL Poor Dre! I would have been so embarrassed! Looks like a fun trip though. :)

July 21, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home