Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hua

I work with some of the most amazing women. Most of my time spent at work is with my Janet. Hua keeps me sane. I spend 12 hours a day in a small box filling prescriptions. While some people view this as boring it can be VERY exciting. I see interesting people on a daily basis and hear stories that are sometimes interesting while others I would rather never hear. I get asked questions continuously. Most are valid questions to ask a pharmacist and others are absolutely unheard of. NO I am not going to sell you a puppy shot for $10 because I am sneaky enough to know what you are going to do with the one syringe it comes with. And NO I don't have 24 hour generic sudafed or Aleve Cold & Sinus and please don't send the rest of your ghetto possy in right after you because I am going to tell them NO too!

Okay as you can see I do get frustrated at times but I have my Janet to keep me sane. Janet is one of my technicians that works with me for 10 out of the 12 hours I am there. She is spunky and funny and knows just how to keep things in order so I don't go crazy... I love her. Janet probably knows and sees just about everything there is to know about me and still accepts me.

About two weeks ago we were really busy. I know we are really busy when I look at the clock and it is 3pm and all I have consumed all day is 1 Monster. It was one of those days and Janet decided she would make Mac & Cheese. About a minute into cooking her her Mac & Cheese Janet says "It smells like cat food" and I say "Something is burning" and we look over and smoke is spewing out of the microwave. Janet looks at me and says "I forgot to add the water." See below what happens when you cook microwave Mac & Cheese without water:


I of course was lucky enough to work the rest of the weekend so I was stuck in the stank that this small bowl created for 4 days straight. Thanks Hua!!!!

This week I was having a hard time. Life sometimes just throws you curve balls. Anyway Thursday I was really struggling and Janet saw this in me. I was checking a prescription when all of a sudden I look over and see this:


Dawn had left us an amazing bag of clothes to sift through and see if we wanted anything to keep. While there were some nice thing there were also some clothes from the 80s...I think. Below are a couple more examples of the wonderful outfits we had to choose from.




So while my days are long and sometimes very boring I have an amazing group of people to work with that I can laugh with and even cry with if I need to. I am so blessed to have been given the opportunity to work with these girls. (Dawn, Heather, Janet, Rebecca, and Ashley)

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

I'm sorry that you were having such a rough time. Know that I love you and that I'm super jealous you were able to wear such fabulous outfits without me. :)

August 2, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home